26 days until Canada West Qualifier!

Just posting the workouts I did while in Edmonton...

Friday, April 3, 2009:
"Nancy"
5 Rounds for Time of:
400m Run
15 OHS (65#)
Previous Time 17:29
New Time 15:31

Took nearly 2 minutes off my previous time. Should have squatted faster... I was trying to be in too much control. Did this one at CrossFit Lineage in Edmonton. Nice big gym, still fairly new so there wasn't much personality to the place. Rocked this workout with another vistor from PEI... no locals :(

Saturday, April 4, 2009:
5 Rounds for Time:
4 HSPU
8 C2B Pulluos
12 Deadlifts (135#)
16 Box Jumps (22")
This workout was posted on the CF Journal last week with Jolie Gentry and Caity Matter. We chose to make the WOD 5 rounds instead of the 3 rounds the girls did, but I attacked the workout as if it were 3 rounds and then just finished the last 2 "just because". My time after 3 rounds was 5:01 (beating Jolie's time of 5:14) and final time was 11:59. I could have gotten about 4:30 I'm guessing for 3 rounds, BUT after the first round of box jumps I was going to piss my pants!! I was seriously debeating running to the washroom mid-WOD and thinking if it would be faster do take a fast pee break to have to stop in the box jumps everytime. Each round I was doing like 4 or 5 box jumps and then stopping so I wouldn't pee my pants. Then after I desided to keep going the thought entered my mind to not stop and actually just pee my pants. OMG... seriously I want to know how I would do in this WOD if my mind was actually thinking about the WOD and not everything else.

Taught me a lesson... ALWAYS pee right before the workout even if you don't feel like you really have to!
PS Lauren... no chick competition. I checked their boards... I was beating all the guys :)

2 Response to "26 days until Canada West Qualifier!"

  1. Mike says:
    April 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM

    "BUT after the first round of box jumps I was going to piss my pants!!"

    LMAO

    Nice work on the WODS, Kat!

  2. Lauren says:
    April 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM

    nice time!! thats awesome!!

    LOL... sooo funny about the pee situation....

    double unders and box jumps- ALWAYS PEE BEFORE!!!
    thats what I find anyways :)

Post a Comment