115 Days Until SECTIONALS!

Took yesterday off. I needed it!

CrossFit Lethbridge Spin the Bottle
(each person that shows up for the class gets to spin the bottle in order to randomly select the exercises, our coach then determines the rounds and reps)
6am - Team Donkey Punch
30 Spidermans
30 Deadlifts (95#)
30 Push Press (45#)
30 HSPU
30 Thrusters (45#)
30 Power Lunges on each leg
30 Box Jumps
30 Thrusters (45#)
30 KB Swings (1pd)
30 Thrusters (45#)
30 Press (45#)
20:07

I had to modify this one. My abs are so ridiculously sore from Annie the other day I couldn't stay upright on the KBS. Did one and fell right over. I thought that I just was off balance so I tried another... same result. Did 3 more and my abs hurt way too much so I skipped those and the last sets of thrusters and just finished off with the 30 presses. Annie does that to me every time. Last time, my abs were sore for 2 weeks! Hoping this doesn't last quite so long.

Since I'm so heavily involved in gymnastics I thought this article was interesting, and is starting to become common place in Canada. Essentially a company named SOCAL is seeking to charge gymnastics clubs in Nova Scotia a fee for playing floor music or any kind of music in their gym. The fitness industry is facing the same sort of ordeal with the proposed NRCC Tariff. If this goes through gyms like CrossFit would be charged $3 per group exercise class PLUS 5% of gross revenues for the month. For CrossFit Lethbridge, that would total $384 per month PLUS 5% of gross sales just to play music! OUCH!

I say we have JMac record us a bunch of songs to play at the gym!

1 Response to "115 Days Until SECTIONALS!"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    December 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM

    Bahaha if you want to increase member base, and not decrease it, I suggest we get some songs on the Ipod which are not copyright infringements...
    Otherwise I'll have to be boozing it up and bringing my guitar with me to every class!!

Post a Comment