Day One Oly Focus

I've decided to take a break from "CrossFit" style workouts. Through speaking with others about my experience these past two years, I've come to the realization that training turned into a job for me and that is NOT why I started training in the first place. This year's CrossFit Sectionals and Regionals were not a positive and fun experience for me.. and why do something if it isn't fun!?

I was told to think back to a time when I did have fun... and that was when I could just throw aound some weight and work on olympic lifting. Therefore, my training has taken a turn for now with a strict olympic lifting focus and I have decided to compete in an official Oly meet on August 21st in Calgary.

Today was my first training day geared towards that goal. Worked on some muscle snatch, power snatch, power clean & jerk, weighted strict pullups, and split squats. Below are some videos of my training today:

http://vimeo.com/13232607 from Katrina Burton on Vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/13232710 from Katrina Burton on Vimeo.

1 Response to "Day One Oly Focus"

  1. Mike says:
    July 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM

    I agree Kat: If it isn't fun, it isn't worth doing...and if it feels like a job, it's DEFINITELY not worth doing. I have no doubt you'll kick ass on the 21st!! I'm looking forward to returning to Oly lifting myself after the July 24/25th weekend.

Post a Comment